Friday, December 31, 2004

Year End!

Chez knitdad is all set for the big celebration. I've put a box of tissue on every table and I have sturdy Trader Joe's paper bags next to any chair that I might be sitting in. I'll be able to just drop those soggy used tissues right in the bag and not have to get up and gather them all together every half hour or so. I'm glad I stocked up on tissue the last time I went to the market. I'll stop for some Sudafed replenishment on my way to Skein. It's going to be another wild night. Sneeze! Cough! Cough! Patrick hates it when I disturb his nap so I'm trying to keep it down.

I've never been one to make New Year's resolutions and this year is no exception. I'm always resolving to do something or other and it doesn't last much beyond the next day. My on-going resolve to finish some of my knitting projects is a joke. I know I'll start another project before I finish something so I don't really bother anymore. I just get some more plastic bags and add 'em to the on hold pile. I buy some more needles and start another project.

My street is beginning to fill with RVs and motor homes. Optimists here for the big parade tomorrow morning. I heard on the news this morning that the Rose Parade will procede even if it is raining. A couple of ladies told me yesterday that it was their duty to sit out there and watch the parade. "If the kids are marching we owe it them to be there." Not sure I follow the logic here. I did hear the bands practicing yesterday. That was fun in a sentimental sort of way. I also get to hear the Marines once a month when they do their weekend thing. There'll be a crappy rock band performing in the Carl's Jr. parking lot tonight. And there'll be long lines at the portapotties. It's just going to be a blast. Well, except for the rain part.

But, Happy New Year, one and all. I'm going to see what I have in my stash that will be good for tonight's celebration.

No comments: