Thursday, December 16, 2004

Holiday goodies!

We've been having chocolate chip cookies (Almond Roca) and madelines and some persimmon bread. And tonight we had Renee's birthday cake. Grand marnier with white chocolate shavings and some other kind of chocolate chip cookies. All with coffee. I'll be fine so long as the antacid tablets last.

I'm almost out of the wine I got for Christmas last year. Yeah, I got a lot. I'm looking forward to this year's crop. If anyone asks, I only drink red wines. And I'm not fussy. So long as it's red.

I almost finished the first of the gift hats. Ran out of yarn about seven rows before the final decrease. Guess I'll have to go back to the yarn shop. Oh darn. I did get a different yarn at Skein for the second one. I need 114 yards per hat. The bulky yarns seem to average around 50 yards so I'm buying three per hat. These hats are not cheap. But they do go fast, once you find your needles. I may have a photo in a day or so.

I delivered the black cabled scarf to Mendy tonight. She's going to do the washing and drying. I'm pleased that she liked it a lot. I need to write up the pattern before I forget the details. And maybe make another one in a lighter color so I can get a better photo.

In other knitting news. The new Gedifra magazine is out. I bought a copy mostly for archival purposes. There are plenty of spectacular sweaters and stuff. If you're super skinny and have lots of money to spend. Maybe it's just me but I'm not likely to spend $270 for the yarn for a sweater that's good for maybe half a season. That'd buy a lot of sock yarn.

No comments: