Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Holiday decor



The return of the Christmas Cactus. My sister sent me this last year and it was just beautiful. I'm surprised that it knows that it's time to bloom again. It's been outside on my balcony since last Christmas. Now it will come in again and be my Christmas tree. Unless Pat the Cat decides to nibble on it.

Satisfying progress was made on both of the new scarves yesterday. It seems though that I have misplaced a stitch on the Kureyon Multi-directional scarf. Or maybe I miscounted originally. It's not worth ripping though. I told a customer yesterday that it was okay to just work an unwanted stitch together with another stitch to get rid of it. Another customer overheard me and said, "The professional!" I'm not sure what she meant. I tend to follow Meg Swansen's advice. It's okay to fudge your knitting when you need to, so long as you know that's what you're doing and that it's not going to result in some disaster later on.

Since I was already outside to take a picture of the Christmas Cactus I decided to get one of my lemon tree.



These are the first lemons to make it this far. They're just barely turning yellow. I don't know how to tell when a lemon is ready to pick. I'm pretty sure these are not.

No comments: