Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Rabbit! Rabbit!

Blue scarf



I dug deeper into the Stash and found this Patons Leila, 100% cotton. I got it years ago from Smily's. I have two or three other colors as well. It was cheap! The gauge is a tiny bit off. It's a scarf, for cryin' out loud! Anyway, I did this last night and I think it's going to be just what I was looking for. The yarn is slubby, on purpose, so there's a little more texture than is strictly needed, but, like I said, it's a scarf.

I found the pattern is the latest "Creative Knitting". Have you seen this magazine? I got a deal on the price. Probably everyone got the same deal. I thing the name is more than a little deceptive. They'd probably have called it "Easy Knitting" if the name wasn't already taken. That's not to say that everything is shapeless and low end acrylic. Some of the stuff is pretty nice. But their idea of difficulty is a little skewed. The scarf pattern I'm using is rated as Intermediate, three out of four on the difficulty scale. I'd probably give it a 1.5. On the other hand, it is fun in the way cables are fun, it just pulls you along. It's definitely going to need a wash and block when I'm done.

No comments: