Monday, August 16, 2004

Still life with cat



This may well be the kind of crochet that gives crochet a bad name. I freely admit that I know slightly more than zilch about crochet but I had to try this yarn and the pattern promised quick results. I think the colors were taken from an old Wurlitzer jukebox. The yarn is Plymouth Outback Mohair. I used a size Q hook. It was, indeed, a fast project.

I pulled out an old scarf project and worked on it this weekend. Very relaxing except for the part where I realized I wasn't going to have enough yarn. And I can't get anymore. Not sure what I'm going to do but I'm thinking of adding some crocheted flowers on the short end.

One of our customers the other day said she was a crosheter. Another customer tried to correct her and told her it was pronounced croshayer. She said,"Yes, I know. But I like saying crosheter." And when I was working on the shawl the other day, KC said to me, "Oh, you're croshetting." I have to agree, it is kind of fun to say.

I'm going to see if my friend Carol can give me some pointers on crochet. Like how to figure out what to do when you turn and work back. I wasn't sure where I was supposed to start the next row so I just improvised. I think I did it wrong because the shawl drecreases pretty rapidly. But I didn't run out of yarn.

No comments: