Sunday, August 01, 2004

rabbit! rabbit!

Kofi

My friend Robert used to have an African Grey named Kofi. He didn't look a thing like this.




This is African Grey lace weight merino from Cherry Tree Hill. You'll notice the prominence of orange.



I wasn't sure how the orange would blend in with the other, very muted colors. I think it looks pretty good. Now I just have to find something to do with it. There are 2400 yards. I'm thinking shawl. Any other suggestions or patterns for shawls that would work with this yarn?

I've been wanting to go visit some of my favorite yarn shops but events have kept me from doing so. We got this yarn in at Skein a few weeks ago and I've been waiting for someone to buy this hank so I wouldn't have to. But no one did. And since I haven't bought any yarn in at least a month it seemed the thing to do. And besides, I used a store credit I had for making a sample. But I still want to go yarn shop hopping.

No comments: