Friday, August 27, 2004

A knitting injury, sorta

When I woke up this morning both my arms felt like they were asleep. They were tingling, mostly around the wrists and in my hands. Actually this started happening last night and I assumed it was from having knit for too many hours without sufficient breaks.

After I had showered and got myself ready for Skein I noticed the tingling had stopped. So I concluded that it wasn't the precursor of a heart attack but I made an appointment with my doctor. (The earliest appointment for a physical is a little over a month away. I hope it's not really serious.)

Later, at Skein, I noticed the tingling had started again. I also noticed that the chair I sit in strikes me just below the left shoulder blade. I had been feeling like I had a bruise there but again just thought I'd been knitting too much. Now I'm convinced that it's the chair that's causing the problem. I'll have to be careful not to lean back and put up my feet when we're not busy.

And now my car is acting weird again. I walked to work today so I didn't notice it until tonight when I decided I needed to go get some stuff for Lisa's birthday celebration tomorrow night. The mechanic is closed for the weekend so I can't do anything until Monday. I can't decide if I need a new car or a new mechanic.

But, despite all my trials and tribulations, I have made lots of progress on the Midwest Moonlight scarf. I took it to work on today and it motivated a couple of book sales. We're down to three copies now. And almost no poncho patterns. We got the newest Rowan and Jaeger special books today though and there are ponchos aplenty in them.

No comments: