Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Mid-week yarn shopping

Last week it was Unwind Yarns. This week it was Needle in a Haystack (no web site). They are having their end-of-summer clearance. Thirty to forty percent off their summer yarns. I didn't know what they'd consider summer yarns so I wasn't sure what to expect. They had several Plassard yarns that were tempting but even at forty percent off they were more than I wanted to spend. I ended up with thirteen skeins of Sweet Print. Three skeins in the same colorway I got a few weeks ago plus ten in a pink to white color.

So why was I so conservative? Well, Mendy is going to going to Albuquerque next week and will be dropping by Fiesta Yarns with my shopping list. And Alamitos Bay Yarn Company is having their fourth anniversary sale at the end of the month. And we just got a bunch of new stuff from Cherry Tree Hill at Skein. I might be a spendthrift when it comes to yarn acquisition but there it a limit, no matter how abstract.

No comments: