Tuesday, August 26, 2003

New book

Last week, I think on Thursday, I ordered The Knitter's Book of Finishing Techniques by Nancie Wiseman from Overstock.com. It came yesterday. Now that's really fast! It's a great book and will certainly come in handy. She does a great job of explaining things and includes some pluses and minuses about the different techniques. Oh, I saved over $10 based on the suggested retail price. Border's had the book at the suggested retail so I feel quite smug.

I completed one more pattern repeat on the Interlacements top yesterday. Twenty six rows. Two more repeats to go and then I'll be shaping the neck. I don't think I'll make my self-imposed deadline but I won't be far off and I don't see Lisa again for another two weeks so I should be done by then. I'm going to do the toe shaping on my Wildfoote Handpaint socks this morning. I loose track of where I am if I try to work on it at Skein. Maybe I'll have time to cast on for the second sock.

Trying to find some inspiration for a sweater for my friend Robert. I've been going through some old magazines and books. It's been so long since I looked at some of these that it's like having a stack of new books. All those patterns that I swore I'd make. Fun to visit them again. But still no pattern for Robert.

No comments: