Thursday, August 07, 2003

It's Thursday then

Only a couple more days and you'll all have the weekend to go to the yarn store of your choice and spend lots of money. We're still waiting for the Rowan and Jaeger yarns to show up but other than that we're ready. Yesterday was one of the best days we've had so far this month. So I didn't get the scarf finished but Ann Mary liked it. I still have about six inches to go and then the fringe.

I worked up a couple of patterns using Sweater Wizard this morning but ran out of ink so had to go to Best Buy and pick up some more cartridges. I had a $20 gift card there that I'd been saving for a couple of years. I'm glad I had it. Why is ink so expensive? But the patterns are now printed out and I'll go over them this afternoon with the customer. Sometimes I really wish they'd just use the specified yarn so we don't have all this tweeking to do.

Went to dinner last night with the Plymouth Yarn rep for our area. Lots of fun catching up on what's been going on in the knitting yarns world. Got to see a couple of yarns that Skein does not carry or that have not come in yet. They seem to be getting more fashion conscious in their colorways and types of yarn they carry. Even their Encore is getting some better colors.

I know it's still hot in much of the country but I'm seeing hints of fall approaching. Can't believe it's only a couple of months away. It's my favorite time of year. So I'm really excited by all the new yarns and patterns. I must resist. Too many things still in process for the summer.

No comments: