Wednesday, October 15, 2003

That was Tuesday

Last night I went to Southwest Chamber Music"'s first concert of the new season. It was so last century! In fact this whole season is pretty much about 20th century music, especially prior to 1950. Prokofiev, Stravinsky, Chavez and Varese. I used to hate the music from the early part of last century. Now I quite like it. So much of what's being done now sounds like it's written with a movie or TV show in mind.

Oh well. This is a knitting blog. I didn't get much done yesterday at Skein. It was busy! I had to leave early because of the concert. There were three or four people working on stuff when I left. I think they were all on track so I wasn't worried about that. I just think I missed out on some fun people. It was busy all day.

I lost a knitting needle during all the uproar. A new customer, recently returned to knitting, had all her needles spread out on the table. I guess when she gathered them up she just picked up my size 10 bamboo and I didn't notice it was missing until I was leaving. Ann Mary offered to replace it but I'm pretty sure I have some others. I hope when she notices it she will bring it back.

I worked on the second sock for about 20 minutes while waiting to go to the concert. I have a couple more rows to go before I'm sure that I got the starting point correct to make the second match the first. I think next time I will try to match the starting point before I begin.

And I think I need to renew my subscription to Vogue Knitting. Thanks for the notice.

No comments: