Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Changes

Now, in addition to the strikes that are going on all around here, we have the return of summer. It was over 100 today in Arcadia and has been near that for the last few days. Ann Mary said it was supposed to be cooler tomorrow, by about 10 degrees, but that's still way too hot for me.

The heat, however, doesn't seem to be affecting business. Plenty of people getting into their holiday gift making. One of the new knitters (actually they are all sisters) came in today to get more yarn for another wash cloth. So at least one of them is hooked. I had several other students today as well but they were all just there for a little touch up work.

I'm trying to focus on just one project right now. A sweater I started earlier this year. I spent about six hours on it yesterday. The back is done and I'm just past the armhole decreases of the front. Maybe I'll finish that tonight. I'm feeling kind of desperate about all the projects I have going so I'm going to try to just finish things one at a time. This is a whole new approach for me and I don't know how long I'll be able to stick to it. I still have other things that I work on at Skein. Will that scarf ever be finished?

No problems at all with the tooth extraction. I didn't even need an Advil.

One of the other yarn shops in our area is closing. We've suspected this for a while but now they're having their closing sale. So we are seeing lots of knitters and crocheters that we've never seen before. Skein is a little more upscale than some of them are used to. It'll take a while to retrain them.



No comments: