Sunday, October 19, 2003

Knitting for food

Me: I've really had a lot of good food this week.
KC: That's good.
Me: Most of it's been provided by other people.
KC: That's even better!

Tonight, after closing the shop, Ann Mary and KC took me to dinner at an Indian restaurant. I think it was named That Indian Place, or something like that. I haven't had Indian food very often so I'm not a good judge of what's good and what's not. Doesn't matter because this was excellent.

I've started the Fiber Trends Peak Performance sock. The Mt. Hood version. This sock takes fiddly to a whole new level. All those M1s and SK2Ps make for slow going but I think I'm beginning to get a feel for them. I'm using some Silja strompegarn (does that mean sock yarn?). I was warned that the yarn is not very much fun to work with. And it does seem to be a little uneven and snags if you're not careful. I only have about two inches done after about three hours. I'm already dreading the second sock.

No comments: