Tuesday, October 14, 2003

I forgot

Yesterday I said I was going to start blogging in the evenings. I forgot I won't be home tonight because I'm going to a concert in Downtown LA. So I decided I'd postpone the schedule change for a day.

I was planning to take the new MetroGold train. But they're on strike as of last night. I'm a little unsure of what the plans are for meeting up with the person I'm going to the concert with. All I know is that I'm supposed to go to his house if there's a strike. Which there is. But not sure what time I'm supposed to be there.

We also have a supermarket strike going on. I should have gone to the market on Friday but I didn't. I'll just have to brave the pickets and get what I need. There are some markets that are not affected so I guess it's not such a big deal. But I hate going to markets whose floor plans I don't know. But when you're out of Slim Fast you have to sacrifice your pride and ask for help.

So. I did a lot of knitting last night. Spent an hour on the poncho. Then I did my first chain stitch cast on for the Fiber Trends "Falling In Love" scarf. Not sure if I did the cast on exactly like the Vogue knitting book says but I have one pattern repeat completed. And then I got started on the second sock. So not too bad for an evening's work.