Monday, October 06, 2003

Another Monday

This is my alternate Monday, the one where I don't have anything I have to do. On the other Monday I have to at least get the laundry done. But not this one. The house is still pretty much clean since I did that last week before Lisa came over. So today is all mine! Except for the part about where I have to go to the dentist and see why my bridge is coming off.

I just want to start a lot of new projects. The socks from the new Opal yarn that Emma sent didn't get started yet. Maybe today. And I have some Brown Sheep Handpaint cotton that I want to use for a sideways knit vest. And the socks for Mendy. And I want to see if I can find something in my stash for the Wave and Shell Shawl.

I did finish the shop sample yesterday while I was at Skein. It wasn't a very exciting day student-wise. Just a few people who wanted me to check their gauge and one multidirectional scarf that needed advice on how to start the next triangle. Ann Mary has decided she wants the matching scarf for the top. It's 100 inches of stockinette, 32 stitches per row. I need to go rent some movies.

Progress on the poncho. I'm about done with the second skein so that makes it about 20%. The rows are getting longer but I'm still able to stay awake between increases. Speaking of staying awake. I took a nap when I got home yesterday. When I woke up I was so confused about what day it was. Thought I'd missed going to Skein. Then I thought it was Monday. It wasn't until I saw the sun in the West that I remembered it was still Sunday and everything was okay. Anyway, the poncho is moving along.

I really appreciate all the supportive comments on my "What's it worth?" entry. I think I was still feeling the effects yesterday so that made the day kind of lackluster. But I'm getting through it. Cyber-hugs are a great help.

No comments: