Thursday, October 02, 2003

The bloom is somewhat off the rose.

Going to Skein everyday is beginning to feel a little more like going to work than it used to. Being there six days a week probably has a lot to do with it. And we're getting busier since the weather has cooled off.

When I started hanging out at Skein it was more as a goodwill gesture than anything. Just a couple of days a week. Once I retired and had more time available I began going in four days a week, then five. Now I'm there everyday and I don't ever seem to have any time for myself. Of course, I don't manage my time very well. That would really seem like work!

I don't expect to make any changes immediately. Maybe after the holidays when things slow down a little. Ann Mary is a nice lady and I enjoy working with her. I know she has come to depend on me being there. She frequently tells me how glad she is that I can come in earlier than I used to. But still. It's getting a little repetitious. We'll just wait and see.

We got over the hurdle of the rewritten pattern yesterday. It looks like it's going to work out okay. I've been promised a Napoleon today. If this keeps up I'm going to have to revise my wardrobe. Much larger gauge!

No comments: