Friday, July 18, 2003

Patience is a virtue

I probably get more comments from students on my patience than just about anything else. What's not to be patient about? After all, they're doing the work and I'm getting paid. Student number one (from yesterday) kept commenting to all and sundry about how patient I am.

Actually, I'm not very patient. Sometimes I'd rather just fix it myself than be bothered trying to get someone to understand what the problem is and how to fix it. Or not be bothered at all. It's a good thing that no one can see what's going on inside. When you grow up in a family that stresses appearance over everything else you get pretty good at masking what you're thinking. But anyway. I'm trying to be patient right now. I have to remember that I didn't gain these extra pounds in a week so why should I think I can lose them in a week. It's hard to be patient when you're dying for pizza or some just out of the grease fries.

I'm just about finished with the latest shop sample. Ann Mary said it must be pretty easy since I haven't complained about the yarn or anything. I must remember not to let that happen again. She said she was watching me "shepherding" the students yesterday. Kind of apt, don't you think? Anyway the knitting is done and I'll do all that fiddly weaving in of ends and sewing up today. Hmmm. Wonder how you mattress stitch garter stitch borders.

So now I'm going to start a sorta simple shawl. Just three different yarns held together and a lot of elongated stitches. Way too much fun!

No comments: