Tuesday, July 22, 2003

Connected

I love it when I'm knitting away and am so focused that I'm not even aware of my surroundings. Last night I was just doing this mindless sock and was so wrapped up in the process of just watching the needle move through the stitch and a new stitch coming up that I felt like I was floating. Well, maybe that's a little strong. It was just such a neat sensation. I'm not big on the knitting as meditation thing but I think it was a little like that.

(I once had a friend, he wasn't from around here, that always referred to anything that was new or different as being too LA CA. As if only in LA would such a thing happen. )

So right now I'm just enjoying the physical process of knitting. I don't have any deadlines to worry about and even though I have lots of projects going I feel okay about just doing these socks. I have the Rio yarn that I got a couple of weeks ago sitting in a chair across from me. I look at it and think some about what I'm going to do with it. Nothing has come to mind yet. I know it has to be something simple that doesn't require much yardage. I don't know. Maybe in a day or so something will click.

No comments: