Tuesday, July 15, 2003

I've been around computers for a long time now but I've never paid much attention to the whys and hows, just went with the program, literally. So I really have almost no skills when it comes to these things. But I'm trying. Last night I downloaded and installed Mozilla. It was really easy which was a surprise to me since I usually have to call Lisa whenever I want to do something like this. Catherine suggested that I give them a try in lieu of IE. Also I'm not really happy with how IE displays things. I didn't know that different browsers show things in different ways. This is much better. There were a couple of blogs that got timed out but I was able to go back and read them later and one that was totally messed up. I can still go to IE if I need to though.

I'm trying to find the information I need in order to set up a mail account with Mozilla. I know I've seen that information somewhere but I haven't found the right page yet. All my IE favorites were imported automatically. I'm not sure if it's possible but I would like to have my favorites stay on screen so I don't have to go back every time. When I use IE my favorites are in a column on the left of the screen so I can just click on the next one. With Mozilla I had to go back to Favorites, then to Knitting Blogs and then click on which ever one I wanted to read next. (I just realized that this is probably very boring to most of you and way below your skill level. Sorry.) So that's what I'm working on now.

And on the knitting front. It was just too hot to handle much yesterday and today isn't looking much better. I did make some progress on the second speckled sock. I'm just about done with the heel flap and should be able to get started on the gusset sometime today.

Going to Joanne's tonight. It's going to be fun because Anita is going to start actually weaving after having spent the last few sessions getting the warp on the loom. And she's going to bring me a copy of the latest Harry Potter. Woo hoo!

No comments: