Saturday, May 31, 2003

Stuff and nonsense

Well, I just wrote this fabulous entry and it has disappeared. And it's not Blogger's fault. SBC Yahoo disconnected just as I was ready to post. It's taken me half an hour to get back on line. What was it Charlie Brown used to say? ARRRGH!

Anyway. You know what I need? I need a locally available techno-savvy person who would like to learn to knit in exchange for helping me get this whole thing working. I'll even supply materials. I never really wanted to know how to do this stuff. I think I already know enough stuff about other stuff that I don't need any more stuff. Guess I'm wrong though. But if you're interested, let me know.

Worked on my new Plymouth yarn socks yesterday at Skein. Several people commented on the yarn so maybe Ann Mary will decide to stock it. I like it a lot!

Mendy came in for most of the afternoon and we went through her current projects. There's a lot of them. She also brought me a neat new tape measure. Guess she was tired of watching me rewind my old worn out one. This one is really neat. It's self-winding and is in a luxurious leather case with a silver heart on the side. When you press on the heart the tape rewinds. Nobody gets to borrow it! Oh, and she also gave me a new pocket sized calculator with a display that I can actually read. Thanks, Mendy. You're the greatest!

Started a new Skein sample. A child's top worked in Katia Rumba and Mississippi. I'm substituting Cotton Classic for the Mississippi since we don't have that one. My first gauge is a little tight so I have to redo that. The English translation of the Spanish is missing some of the basic information but it's easy enough to figure out what needs to be done. The Rumba is worked on a US15 and then you switch to a US5 for the Cotton Classic. That part is missing from the English translation. I don't know very much Spanish but enough to figure out what was missing.

No comments: