Wednesday, May 07, 2003

Whatever possessed me? I bought four skeins of Trekking sock yarn without really thinking about it. Now I'm losing my eyesight and patience trying to make a pair of socks with it. There's really nothing wrong with the yarn; it's really pretty nice. But it is tiny! I'm using a pattern from Nancy Bush's Folk Socks, Flammegarn. I don't have enough done yet to justify taking a picture but maybe in a week or so I'll have the ribbing done.

I finished the Sockotta socks. Not entirely happy with the difference in the patterning on the foot. These socks are not fraternal, more like second cousins twice removed. I'll try to get a picture when the sock model comes over this weekend.

Knitting with Joanne last night was nice. There were just the two of us. We had a chance to catch up on what's going on. We're tentatively going to a weaving show on the 25th of this month. We looked at the newest Interweave Knits and the latest Handweaver magazines. Had lots of fun poking fun.

It's off to Skein for a while. I need to find a different yarn to use for the contrast heel and toe on the Mexico socks. I used some Wildefoot but it's much thinner than the Fortissima Colori. I went down a needle size to do the heel but I don't like the way it looks. So I'm sorta stuck on those for the moment. Think I'll start the Fast Floridas.

No comments: