Tuesday, May 27, 2003

Not knot happy

Last night I was happily knitting away on the second Mexico sock, thinking I'd be able to finish. After all, I'm almost to the toe shaping. I thought the pattern repeat was a little short but decided it would be okay. It's just a sock. Right? That's when I came to the knot. This is the first time I've found a knot in any of the sock yarn I've used. So, if I rip a few rows and attach the yarn after the knot the color repeat will be more "on" but I really don't want to spend the time doing that. But I will. I could have done it in the time it took me to write this.

My stuff for the DSL connection has not arrived. I'll be at home all day, waiting impatiently. It was supposed to be here Friday or Monday. Since Monday was a holiday I'm expecting it today. Seems like I'm always at the end of the day for deliveries. The problem is that I don't have much time in the next few days and the connection is supposed to start on Thursday. I sure hope this works. Am really, really fed up with MSN. I keep getting disconnected, almost every time, about ten or fifteen minutes after I sign on.

So to pass the time today I'm putting the new Interlacements into cakes. The hank is pretty gnarled up. I tried using my swift but the hank kept falling off. (I need a bigger swift.) So now I have it over the back of a chair and am feeding it slowly onto the ball winder. When I finish I will test it for gauge. I think I'm going to make a slouchy vest. I used to make these a lot when Mariposa was still in business. I saw a variation of the one I used to make when I was at the Handweavers' Conference on Sunday and remembered how much fun they are to do. Once I figure out the dimensions and gauge I'll write up the directions. I need to see if I can draw a schematic on one of the programs I have. Sweater Wizard won't do what I want. I sure do have a lot of things I need to learn when it comes to being a geek.

No comments: