Tuesday, May 06, 2003

I didn't do much knitting yesterday, just a little on the second Sockotta sock, while I read all the blogs I keep track of. I went to have lunch with a former co-worker and then came home and did laundry for the rest of the day.

I've been trying to finish reading all the Harry Potter books before the next one comes out. So I've read the first three and am about half way through the fourth one. When I read I get totally immersed in the setting and all the local color stuff. When I put the book down I'm usually a little surprised that I'm in my own world, not the one in the book. But anyway, last night I kept dreaming that I was teaching knitting to all the kids at Hogwarts. I was having a hard time making it hard enough for them to be challenged. I kept using some hand dyed yarn and lots of texture stitches to make it look really complicated. I don't know what woke me up but I finally got up and read some more. Guess you just had to be there.

I'm off to lunch with another former co-worker. I'll try to do some more on the sock this afternoon. Maybe I'll get it done. I'm really excited to start the Crusoe socks, and the Fast Florida etc. Tonight is knitting at Joanne's.

No comments: