Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Lace

Lace



I see lots of lace knitting going on. There's even a knit-along called Summer of Lace out there. I have several books devoted to lace knitting. Right now I'm carrying around a copy of Lavish Lace by Carol Rasmussen Noble and Cheryl Potter (autographed by Ms Potter)that I read whenever I stop for dinner. And, of course, there are lots of lace stitch patterns in the Barbara Walker books.

Last night, after it got too dark for me to see the stitches on the Double Eyelet Rib sock, I picked up this scarf that I had started a couple of weeks ago. It's a Lace Cable or Germaine stitch. Very easy and relaxing to do. Worked on size 5US in a yarn called Saint-Tropez from Almedahls. I don't remember where or when I got the yarn but I have five skeins so that should be enough for a longish scarf.

No comments: