Thursday, August 11, 2005

I'm really tired today. I've had this new thing going on lately. I cannot get to sleep no matter how tired I am, or how heavy my eyelids are, I just can't let go. So it was two hours last night and I'm still trying to go to sleep.

I suppose I'm sort of asleep because I keep having these little dreams. Not big long involved stories. More like vignettes. One really scary one last night. I was teaching crochet! Too much like what's happening IRL. I try to avoid crochet as much as possible. But we don't have anyone to teach it right now so I'm occasionally drawn in, but always with the caveat that I don't really crochet. Anyway, the only part of the dream that I remember is the crochet and the hook flying out of my hands and disappearing.

Yesterday was more stressful than usual. Teaching how to mattress stitch garter stitch edges, how to do short rows for shoulder shaping and to do a three needle bind off all in one session, a long one, is a lot. And then there was teaching kitchener stitch to another newish knitter, using a very slippery yarn and on a 57 stitch long seam. And then two people with patterns that I could not decipher no matter how hard I tried. Has anyone tried to make the Monster Slippers from Stitch 'N' Bitch Nation? Or the berry tart hat from Knitty? I need to see if there are any errata posted for these patterns.

But I did finish the knitting on the shop sample shrug and got one seam done which I think I'm going to take out and redo as well as do the other seam today. Maybe there'll be a picture tomorrow.

No comments: