Monday, August 15, 2005

$84.94

That's all it took to get my car back. Bupkis compared to some of the repair bills I've had this year. This time it was just a brake light switch. But now it's done and I can spend the rest of today working on the current socks and fantasizing about the next project.

I really, really want to make Annie Modesitt's circular shrug that's on the cover of the new Vogue Knitting. We don't have the yarn at Skein but I found it at Needle in a Haystack. Actually I got an email from them telling me that had it in stock. I just have to call and find out how much it is and if they have the colors that Annie used. I probably have something I could substitute but I like the colors as they are. So we'll see.

I'm being very responsible and finishing a pair of socks that I started a couple of weeks ago. I had to wash the yarn for the second sock because I was recycling from an older, unsatisfactory one. I tried knitting it without washing it but the yarn was so crimped that I was getting a totally different look from sock number one. Anyway, it's done and wound into a ball and it's much easier to work with. Should have done that to begin with. Will I ever learn?

No comments: