Sunday, February 01, 2004

Rabbit! Rabbit!

Brrr! It's cold in here. I should turn on the heat but it'll be warmer soon. I hope. It's Swap Meet Sunday and the people next door are having a moving/yard sale so there are lots of people to-ing and fro-ing on my street. It's not raining and it's generally a pretty day. Good way to begin another month.

I'll be getting older in a few days. In fact, I'll be officially old. But that's okay because my cost of medical insurance will radically decrease. When I was in my twenties I thought it would be fabulous if I could just make it to sixty. That way I'd get to write 2000 as the year and I'd be in a new millineum. Well, I'm here to tell you, that is not enough. There's still a lot of stuff I haven't tried not to mention my yarn stash that needs to be used up. And there's lots of yarn I haven't bought any of as yet.



Here's some stuff I got last Friday when I went to Phebie's. It's Classic Elite Fame. I'm not sure if this yarn is even still available. They only had five skeins but it should be enough for a skippy top, or very long scarf. Our trip was a lot of fun and my student nearly ODd.

I woke up this morning from a dream about knitting socks. Toe-up, with fair isle patterns on the the top, black yarn with red and green flowers. Too much. I think I've read too many sock knitting books lately.

A gift from Lammia. Nice stuff. I haven't tried this brand as yet. But I'm sort of in a blue mood, colorwise, so this is quite timely.

No comments: