Monday, February 09, 2004

Who has time to knit?

Imagine a warm sunny day. It's probably in the mid 70s outside. Our table is by the window overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Catalina Island is in clear view. Lunch at the Surf and Sand in Laguna Beach. The menu is slightly nouvelle and the service is attentive. And we have one more yarn store to visit before we head back to Pasadena.

Mendy picked me up this morning and took me yarn shop hopping for my birthday. We stopped first at Velona's in Anaheim Hills. It's normally about an hour's drive but today took a little longer due to traffic. But it's one of my favorite destinations. I picked up some sock yarn that I needed to finish a pair of socks I started a few weeks ago and several other things that I'll show when I have time to take pictures.

After that we went to The Yarn Lady in Laguna Hills. This is their new location which I hadn't seen yet. It was wonderful! They had lots and lots of neat samples as well as a wide selection of colors in lots of different yarns. The shop is large and spacious. There was a table of knitters taking a class as well as spot teaching going on all over the place. I didn't buy anything as I thought I had already spent enough and we still had one more shop to go.

After lunch we went to Strands and Stitches in Laguna Beach. A small, charming shop right on the Coast Highway. I found some Kureyon and some Koigu that I thought I ought to have. And that's it! Strands and Stitches was Mendy's first yarn shop so she enjoys going back there to visit. We didn't stay very long as it was getting late and the traffic was going to be even worse than it was in the morning.

Lisa came over last night to celebrate. We had a great time. I now have a couple of new sweat suits and will retire my old ones to the dust cloth bin in the very near future. We had a great time playing with the cat and the went for sushi. Well, she had the sushi. I prefer cooked food.

Anyway, I've only had a few minutes here and there to do any knitting. I'll be home tonight and hope to finish the current scarf and spend some time on Robert's sweater. After seeing all the samples at the shops today I'm really ready to start a bunch of new things. Be patient. I'll get over it soon.

No comments: