Friday, February 20, 2004

Pointless

I was all ready to pick up the gusset stitches on my current sock project. I really like how the sock looks and was looking forward to making lots of progress on the foot portion while I was at Skein yesterday. Except I was missing on of my needles. I thought I had them all when I stuffed the sock into my knitting projects I can work on at Skein bag. I searched the bag thoroughly, counted the needles a few times and finally gave up. I could have used the other size 2 needles I had with me but I'm using my Crystal Palace 8" needles and they're just perfect for the JaWoll yarn.

I didn't get home until after 11 last night because it was Thursday night knit together. I really fretted the whole day wondering what I was going to do. The needle was on the table by my favorite knitting chair. I'm so relieved. These are my favorite sock needles.

So I didn't get any sock knitting in yesterday. At least not on my own project. I have a number of students who are making socks and one of them was in yesterday. I don't know how responsible I should feel for her success. It bothers me somewhat that she's just not getting it. This is not her first attempt. But in an effort to find something positive to say, at least she hasn't given up.

Since I couldn't work on my socks I spent most of the day and last night working on the Mexican Wave shawl. That's turning out to be a popular project with students and customers. I'm almost at the end of the second skein so it's beginning to look like something.

We finally got some more Cascade Fixation so I'll be teaching sock knitting this weekend using that stretchy yarn. I think I'd better get started on the second sock of the pair I started last year.

No comments: