Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Two bags full!

So here's what happened. I went to Temple City Knits and everything was, indeed, 50% off. So I got some sock yarn, enough for seven pair. And some other stuff. Two cones of Berroco Glace, twelve skeins of Berroco Soft Twist, thirteen skeins of Patons Grace, four balls of Jaeger Winter Ribbon and nine skeins of Trendsetter Solaris. Enough to fill two large bags. I thought I got some Cotton Twist but I must have put it back. It's not on the invoice or in the bags.

On the way home I stopped at A Stitch In Time, a needlepoint store. They're now carrying knitting yarn so I wanted to see what they have. Reynolds, S.R. Kertzer and Artful Yarns. And it's a beautiful shop. Very spacious and elegant. Oh, and very expensive.

So I was feeling nearly euphoric when I got home. And it got even better. USPS had delivered my book order from Overstock.com. Knitting in the Old Way, Knitting On The Road by Nancy Bush and The Green Mountain Spinnery Knitting Book by Margaret Klein Wilson. Someone, I don't recall who it was, wrote about these books on her blog and I got a terrible case of envy so I ordered them for myself. I've only had a little time to look through them but I can tell already that I like them, especially the Nancy Bush book. Socks rule!

I spent the rest of the day knitting. I worked about an inch on the current sock and then almost finished the multidirectional scarf. I ran out of yarn but I think Mendy had a partial skein left over from her scarf. She's checking for me as I write. And then I did a couple of rows on the Mexican Wave shawl. I'm going to a concert tonight so I won't have much knitting time today.

No comments: