Thursday, January 29, 2004

Just got home from the Thursday night group. Two new attendees tonight so it was a little more crowded and diffuse. Both are regular customers at Skein so everyone almost knew everyone. It was a little strange having different conversations going on simultaneously but it was enjoyable.

Tomorrow I'm going with one of my students to another yarn shop. She's been wanting to see what else is out there. So we'll go to Phebie's and then have lunch before I go in to work. Phebie's has a good selection of Noro Kureyon and Silk Garden so I'm planning on picking up another colorway.

I had another two new students this morning almost as soon as I walked in the door. One had knit a long time ago. She's originally from Mexico and learned to knit continental. Fortunately it came back pretty quickly. I'm really bad when it comes to continental. Not that I can't do it, but I don't look my best at it. The other student moved here from Venezuela. She'd never knit before but has done a lot of crochet. I ended up teaching her to knit continental since she kept trying to throw the yarn with her left hand. She wanted to make a hat but decided she'd better practice more before she started.

Then the sock knitters from Wednesday came back. They didn't quite finish the gusset decreases so they'll be back tomorrow. The daughter is really getting it. And she was very good at helping her mother. And there were several other drop-ins that kept me busy for the entire day. I did manage a couple of rounds on the socks and did about eight or ten rows on Robert's sweater. Falling behind faster and faster.

No comments: