Tuesday, February 17, 2004

Yesterday's yarn shop tour was a huge success. We got to Velona's shortly after they opened and spent about an hour there. I exchanged the sock yarn for some Lana Grossa Meilenweit Multieffeckt and picked up two skeins of Big Mexico for Mendy. Renee found the Big Kureyon she needed as well as a couple of skeins of regular Kureyon she needed.

We got to Yarn Lady just as Sally Melville's class broke for lunch. I'm not sure what the class was but it sounded like it was about selecting and combining colors. We hung around there for a while and then went for lunch at a bakery/cafe next door. Neither of us bought anything at Yarn Lady's, just enjoyed the displays and checked out the Cascade. (Skein will be carrying the Cascade 220 now. Some of it arrived today.)

Then it was on to Phebie's in Montclair. This is the third time I've been to this shop and I really enjoy it. The front part is filled with beads and Brazilian embroidery fibers plus needlepoint supplies. All the yarn is in the back half of the shop. It's mostly basic stuff like Encore but they also have lots of novelty yarns. And some hand dyed skeins. I got some Schaeffer Anne sock yarn in a dark burgundy combination and a couple of skeins of a nubby yarn called Lime that I'll use for a quick scarf.

So it was a good day and not too expensive considering. Today I finished the second sock of the pair I've been making for Mendy. I plan to continue with the JaWoll socks and see if I can get them out of the way by the end of the week. I want to get back to the Mexican Wave shawl but I'm sort of in the mood to finish some of the small projects that have been accumulating.

No comments: