Thursday, February 12, 2004

A few days ago, Stephanie posted a couple of pictures of her favorite shawl. When I saw them I remembered that I had some of the Mexican Wave yarn that she used. I liked the look of her shawls and decided that the sweater I had started a couple of years ago should be transformed into something that was more likely going to be finished. So instead of working on the other current projects (three pair of socks, a multidirectional scarf, Robert's sweater, a fruit hat and a heart patterned scarf) I started a shawl.



I'm using a size 7US instead of the size 5 specified on the label. And it's all garter stitch except the yarn overs. It's nearly impossible to see in the photo but there's a gradual shift from a warm, yellow red to a cool, blue red stripe going on. Actually that change doesn't show all that well in the real thing. Maybe when it gets bigger. Meanwhile, I've got some size 7 circulars around here somewhere but I can't find them right now. I don't think I'll need them right away but, just in case, I'll pick up some new ones at Skein today.

No comments: