Monday, September 22, 2003

Make mine Monday

Umm. I love Monday. It's my one day completely away from Skein. Even though I enjoy my time at Skein I do like a little peace and uninterrupted quiet from time to time. I feel like a Downstairs character who only gets one day a week to enjoy life. And that's what I do on Mondays.

Today I'm having lunch with a friend from my pre-retirement days and then going to meet Lisa at the LA County Fair. I'm hoping she can spend the afternoon showing me around. She's responsible for the high school art section. And later we'll go to dinner, maybe Acapulco's for some of their cheap Monday night margaritas.

I'm feeling relieved this morning. I've been worried about the East Coast bloggers and have now heard from or read on their blogs that everyone made it through Isabel pretty much intact. Bess had a marvelous post about the experience.

Ann Mary stayed home on Saturday with a very bad allergy attack. So her husband came in to run the register and I took care of customer service. It was a long, slow day. Sunday was much better. Ann Mary was back and we had a lot of traffic. I spent the afternoon with four students, all of whom I enjoy working with.

I made a little progress on my sock project. I'm about 3/4ths done with the shawl, just the right front triangle to do tonight or tomorrow. Then I can wash it. I didn't realize how much grit had accumulated in this mohair. The second skein looks like a different color way. I'm hoping everything with clean up. Then I'll need to block it. There are no dimensions given so I'm not sure how to go about it. I guess I'll just stretch it as much as I can and pin it.

No comments: