Sunday, December 15, 2002

Teresa is having a birthday. Go say something nice.

Last night I went to the December concert of the LA Chamber Orchestra. All Baroque program with music by J. S. Bach, Correli, Cimarossa and Handel. A wonderful Russian soprano, Karina Gauvina, brought the house down in the Bach and Handel arias. I heart Baroque music.

Before the concert we went to Gaucho's Village for dinner. A new churrascaria in Glendale, a couple of blocks from the Alex Theater where the concerts are held. I had been looking forward to it but was somewhat disappointed. The buffet was okay, just not very exciting. We were early so there wasn't much of a crowd. Maybe if there had been more activity I would have enjoyed it more. But anyway, I'll probably not need any more protein for the rest of the year. I had a couple of different cuts of beef, some lamb, some chicken and some kind of very spicy sausage. I liked the fried bananas most of all.

Probably because I had eaten too much and had had too much coffee I did not sleep well at all last night. I finally got up at a little before four and finished another dishcloth. Dozed off for a couple of hours around five. So I'm going to be tired all day today. It's only a three hour day at Skein so I'll probably have a nap when I get home.

Knit a swatch yesterday in Naturally Landscape color number 808. It's a lime green and navy boucle. One of our customers had purchased some to make a scarf and decided she didn't like the color so she gave it to me. My swatch was off by a whole stitch so I have to start over on a smaller needle. I'll also need to buy a few more skeins. If the new swatch isn't right I'll just redo the pattern at the new gauge.



No comments: