Thursday, December 19, 2002

Couldn't find the Toasty Toes sock yarn but I did find a hat that I had started last Christmas season but didn't get it done. This one is from the book "Hats On" by Charlene Schurch. Not sure about the name and spelling and I can't find the book anywhere. And I'll need to before I can continue with the hat because it's a fairisle type. And, instead of decreasing at the top the hat is sewn together in three points that are to be embellished with tassels.

Bonne Marie was wondering about the new Rowan Magazine and all the other spin offs that they produce. The way I understand it, from their rep, is that in order to carry the regular Rowan Magazine a store has to qualify as a stockist. That means a store must commit to a certain volume of purchases within a given year. In exchange the store gets to be the exclusive stockist in a specific geographic area. The dollar amount and the square footage needed are pretty high for most yarn shops. So for those shops that want to carry only small amounts or only selected items there would be not pattern support. Rowan publishes the specialized books in support of their new yarns and these books are available to non-stockist shops. That's what I was told, anyway. You can also buy the main magazine online direct at Rowan's site.

Now, I wonder what stack of books the hat book is in.

No comments: