Monday, December 09, 2002

I finished the lacy star cloth last night. It's pretty much okay but I don't think I'll make another one. It took four or five hours and that's just too much time for a dish/face cloth. My fingers are killing me from doing all those ssk, k2tog and k1,pl,k1 in the same stitch. The cast on row left a large hole in the center so I just drew it up using the tail of the cast on. I used some left over Sugar 'n Cream. I think the yarn is too stiff for working but it should soften up a lot when it's washed.

So, since I'm not going to make another one of those, I went to the Dishcloth Boutique and printed out about twelve or so really simple patterns that I will use instead. I'm going to Michael's later today to pick up some plain ol' Kitchen Cotton, I hope in a natural or off white. If they don't have it I'll go to JoAnn's. I don't like going there but one gets desperate sometimes.

I didn't leave Skein until about an hour after closing yesterday. She of the apparently bottomless pockets came in just before closing and needed me to help her pick out some more yarn for scarves. This is a good time to get rid of those two or three skeins of leftover yarn and to push some of the flashy stuff. So it was worth the extra time.

No comments: