Saturday, December 28, 2002

Christmas, Day Four. Fun day at Skein. A table full of knitters just having a good time. I felt like I was at a party. The soon to be a grandmother, Margery, stayed most of the afternoon. She's so excited and a real delight to work with. And another relatively new knitter, John, came in for some help with the London Beanie. He's a quick learner and will do just fine. Several other folks that I've taught also joined in the festivities: Stephanie, Barbara, Theresa, Dodie and the ever faithful Carole. All current or former students, except Carole. The shop wasn't all that busy compared to last week so Ann Mary had a chance to rearrange some of the yarns and start putting out some of the new stuff. I like it when we have new yarns.

I'm going to start a new hat today for my Egyptian friend, Fouad. He celebrates Christmas a little later than the rest of us, I think it's January 7. I gave him a London Beanie for our Christmas and he was crazy about it. Wore it all night. So I think I'll make another one in a different color way and a little bigger. These hats are tight!

No comments: