Friday, May 18, 2007

What else have you got to do?

Before I retired I thought I'd be able to sit at home and knit all day. I wouldn't have to get up early either and I could stay up as late as I wanted. It was going to be so nice to just do whatever I wanted to, whenever I wanted to.

It's not like that. Not complaining, mind you, just talking about how busy I can be. I get up early. That's the cat's fault. I don't stay up much past eleven. I do need at least six hours of sleep if I'm going to function. The first couple of hours of the day I read blogs and write emails, feed and brush the cat, and stuff like that. Then it's out for the morning walk, home for breakfast and brushing the cat some more.

I might have some time to knit for a while or visit my stash for a while. Then it's time to have some lunch and a nap. Maybe some more knitting in the afternoon. Or else I'm off to check out some yarn shops. Or maybe I need to go to Trader Joe's.

Then, depending on what day it is, I'm off to knit with friends at Unraveled and then on to either my Dulaan knitting group or my Thursday night knitting group. And if it's Monday or Friday I'm at A Stitch in Time teaching. If I'm home in the evening I might get some more knitting in, between trips to the kitchen to feed the cat. He won't eat if I don't walk him to his bowl. And then we have to play String for a while.

Anyway, I don't get very much done even though I'm busy all the time. The cat is sleeping right now so I have a few minutes to write this post. And then I have to get ready for work. I'm going out tomorrow during the day and my daughter is coming over in the evening. Sunday looks pretty open right now. Maybe I can re-do the ruffle on the shawl then.

3 comments:

Renna said...

It sounds like your cat keeps you on a tight leash. Meow.

mary said...

Sounds like a productive and fulfilling life to me! I could only hope for half as much knitting time when I retire. Of course, I'm not working now, just being a slave to the kids.

Mauren Mureaux said...

Ya know, i bet when you are not home the cat can find his bowl all by himself. It's all a ploy to gain all of your attention. He's no dummy!

It's amazing what can fill up the time and make a day fly by, isn't it?