Thursday, May 24, 2007

Getting started

This is not the start of the Cotton Fleece top. It's the top down raglan I've been putting off for several weeks. When I was trying to find something in my knitting bag I found the few rows I had done and decided I'd better get back to it.

The color is a bit washed out. I'm using Malabrigo worsted in Lettuce. Have you used this stuff? It's wonderful. Soft. Easy to knit. Not scratchy at all. I was using some Clover bamboo circulars because that was all I had with me when I started. Have I mentioned lately how much I dislike these needles? So I've switched to some very old Boye that have a much better point and they don't have that annoying little bump where the cable joins the needle. The one that makes it really difficult to move the stitches onto the needle. It's going much better.

I have forty rows done and am almost done with the increases. I still have to decide how I'm going to treat the sleeves and the body. I keep thinking a lace pattern but then it's wool so that might be incongruous. I started thinking I'd do a ribbing and finish it off with a small ruffle. I might still do that since ruffles seem to be popular right now. It's a shop sample so I don't have to make it last forever.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only one word! YUMMY!! Love that yarn. Might just have to get some at the sale!
Mendy

mary said...

I love that malabrigo, and especially that lettuce green. Can't wait to see what it will end up looking like.

Sue said...

Lettuce looks like the right description for that yarn, and it is a beautiful color. I cant wait to see how you knit up the rest of it too.

Mauren Mureaux said...

I like that color. I've been reading a lot about that yarn but have yet to use it. It seems to be a fav on a lot of people's blogs. I'll have to buy some eventually and try it out.

Hope your weekend is a great one!