Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Oh man! It's way too early!

Another day of not much knitting to report. Just a little Dulaan last night with a fine bunch of friends. And Mendy made a Hummingbird cake. We don't know why it's called that. It was filled with banana, pineapple, pecans and I don't know what else and had a cream cheese frosting that alone was worth the calories. Anyway, I finished another hat and worked on the 2X2 ribbing hat that is taking way too long.

So I'm up even earlier than usual. I have an ultra-sound to take this morning and I have to go a long way to get to where the test is scheduled. Under normal traffic conditions it should take about twenty minutes to get where I need to be but I'm going during the morning rush traffic so I'm allowing about an hour. Being late for anything is just not an option for me. I'll take a book along just in case.

I was a little concerned that I might over sleep. But Patrick wanted to eat even earlier than usual so I've been up since four. And I can't have any coffee or anything else so I'm feeling weird. I wonder if there are Starbucks in Baldwin Park and if so where are they.

Once I get home I'm so taking a nap and then maybe start actually planning that new Cotton Fleece top I was thinking about yesterday. Or knit some more on the Clapotis.

3 comments:

Mariella said...

Well there's a Starbucks inside Longo Toyota in El Monte. Hope you get your coffee.

Mauren Mureaux said...

Oooh, i do hope you were able to get coffee in a timely manner.

Bess said...

Oh la! I hate those Nothing By Mouth after Midnight Crack-0-Dawn dr. visits. I always wake up early, thirsty and hungry. Pack a snack.

And here's a wish that the traffic fairy paves your way.