Monday, May 07, 2007

No MSWF for me

I have a fantasy that someday I'll be able to go to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. I'm reading lots of blogs from people who actually went this year. Sounds like it would have been lots of fun.

Since I couldn't go this year I sort of created my own. I already mentioned going to the new yarn shop on Saturday. That was exciting. Lots of new Kureyon waiting to be put away. Yesterday though was completely unexpected.

Lisa came over early so we could go to the swap meet. We haven't been in a couple of years. The day was going to get hot so we went early, just as soon as we'd had our coffee. I almost never find anything there that I would bother to carry home. This time though there was one vendor who had YARN! Not a lot of it but enough to stop me. I got seven skeins of Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece and two hanks of Manos del Uruguay for a total of $28US. So that was my seredipitous fiber event. There was more but I didn't take my check book with me or enough cash.

After the swap meet we celebrated Cinco de Mayo, a day late, by going to brunch at Acapulco. Obligatory margaritas and champagne.

After considering some of the color options for the ruffle on the Anonymous Shawl, Lisa decided on the bright pink, although she did think it was pretty bright. I did a couple of rows after she left. I think it's too much. Kind of takes over. So I'm taking it out and doing some more research in the stash. There's gotta be something.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still voting for marigold!

Rena

Monika said...

Sometimes you have to be daring! It doesn't always have to be tone in tone. I think it looks good so far.

Mauren Mureaux said...

I like the pink.

Hey, that's some fantastic deal you found on that yarn. Nice one!