Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Well, I don't know what's up with Blogger today. I have a couple of photos that I have been waiting all day to post but it doesn't look like Blogger's photo upload mechanism is functioning properly. They aren't all that interesting, the scarves I mean. Just some novelty yarns things with "drop stitches". I knit them for one of my students for a silent auction for her daughter's school.

Seems like I'm doing a lot of volunteer knitting lately. You all know about the Dulaan Project stuff. And now these scarves. We've been talking about what we're going to do for Dulann next year. I didn't know until today that there was some confusion about whether the Dulaan project would continue next year. But it is. We, the Dulaan group, are also going to do some blanket squares for a local charity group. I don't have any details as yet but I'm sure we'll find an organization to donate to.

I still have a few hats on needles as well as a sweater. I'm trying not to start anything else until these are done. I didn't buy anything last Friday when we all went back to the yarn store. I just kept remembering how much yarn I've already purchased for hats, more than I will be able to use this round, and couldn't bring myself to buy any more. I love buying yarn so it wasn't easy to leave empty handed. There's a sale at Needle in a Haystack starting Thursday. Not sure if we're going to that.

No comments: