Wednesday, May 10, 2006

To knit or not to knit. That is the question.
Whether 'tis nobler to suffer the aches and pains
Of repetitive motion syndrome, or
To the put the stash on eBay and thereby end it.*

I noticed yesterday that when I knit with abnormally large needles I do not have the same shooting pains in my thumb and wrist that I do when I knit on normal sized needles. The two scarves I made were knit on 13s and 17s. I prefer 6s or smaller. I'd hate to think that I have to use big needles all the time.

This whole aging thing is more of problem than I ever thought it would be. I guess you just have to be there to know what I'm talking about. My older brother calls me every couple of weeks just to chat. Mostly we end up comparing notes and experiences of what it's like to be where we are today. At least we finally have something in common.

*I realize I've mutilated the soliloquy, but you get the idea.

No comments: