Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!



If you look closely you'll see that there are some leftover Halloween witches in there but I don't have a Thanksgiving image as yet. That won't happen until later today when I go to my friend Robert's for the annual feast. Anyway I thought this picture looked suitably autumnal and harvesty. And bountiful.

Robert doesn't do Thanksgiving the way my mother did. There'll be turkey and stuffing but the stuffing will be exotic in some way. And he doesn't usually have yams with marshmellows on top or gelatin salad of any kind. I expect we'll have some kind of mashed potato though. And one vegetable. Maybe a pureed red pepper soup. And only one dessert. We always had at least three kinds of pie and a couple of cakes. But there will be wine, something we never had when I was growing up. And we won't eat until nine o'clock (or later) instead of two or three in the afternoon. And there won't be football on the TV. But I won't have to help clean up. So much for which to be thankful.

So, until it's time for me to drive over to West Los Angeles I get to stay in and enjoy some quiet time, just me, Patrick and some knitting. I did get a few rows done on the chulo hat and am about half way through the fairisle band. I haven't figured out how to strand the yarn when I'm knitting with my left hand. So I'm twisting the yarn and letting the twist unwind every once in a while. I can strand the yarn with my right hand though so it's only a minor problem.

I just finished a Starbuck's pumpkin scone that one of my students brought me yesterday. And I've been practicing eating pumpkin pie because another student brought me five pumpkin pie tarts. I got to see several of my favorite people at Skein. And I'll see my daughter sometime this weekend. And gas prices are down a bit and I only need to use regular instead of premium in my new car. The list goes on and on. So much, as I said, for which to be thankful.

No comments: