Tuesday, June 03, 2003

Another sock saga

I tried to add a picture today but due to the current status of my DSL connection,well, you know.

Anyway, I finished the first of the Plymouth yarn socks and have started on its mate. I used a short row heel for the first time. The pattern I followed doesn't seem to compensate for the slipped stitches in any way so I have a nice little row of eyelets. So I'm on the lookout for a different technique. I know I've seen some that call for wrap and turn and some that call for yarn overs that get knitted together later. Are there other possiblities? I used the wide toe shaping from Folk Socks and I think I like that best of all the ones I've tried.

The second sock is not going to match the first one by any stretch of the imagination. Well, the colors are the same. The pattern repeat in this yarn is so long that I would probably not have enough yarn to do the second sock if I tried to find the same starting point. I did not use a contrast yarn for the toe and heel and I barely had enough to finish the first sock. Seems like when I use a contrast heel and toe I end up with left over yarn that is too much to throw away but not enough to do anything with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good design