Wednesday, April 09, 2003

I went to Joanne's last night for the weekly sit and knit. It was supposed to be the start of a weaving class for the other member of our troika but she couldn't make it. So Joanne and I just chatted and worked on our mindless knitting. I got a lot done on the second sock of the Regia one I posted yesterday. Joanne seemed a little distracted and restless. I don't think she's feeling very well these days but being the stubborn person she is she doesn't want to admit it. She told me that Tom, my "difficult" knitter/student, had come in to see her in the afternoon. (Joanne also teaches at Skein one day a week.) He's apparently still having a hard time fixing mistakes and had ripped out all the progress he had made on his scarf. I hope whatever tips she gave him will do the trick. I always feel a little defensive when Joanne tells me about having to work with one of my students. I don't know which buttons this pushes. Maybe she's just passing along information but it feels like a "judgement" to me. (Nobody knows how insecure I really am.)

I finished the first sock of the "just when I'm watching TV" pair. I like it. I don't know who the sock will fit but I'm just going to start a knitting box the way Nanette does and someone will fit them eventually. Same with all the hats I have finished over the past few months. I have a black lace project to finish for Skein and then I will be free from that. I have to rip both sleeves back to the armhole decreases and redo them. I made two different mistakes on each of them. Who knows why. So maybe tomorrow I will get that started. This project has been on hold for so long that I've forgotten the stitch pattern and have to try to dredge it up or find the pattern. I like black but it sure is difficult to work on.

If I don't forget I'm going to buy some yarn today to make these socks. I think they're really cute and I'm pretty sure Lisa and her Mom would like them. The reason I say if I don't forget is because I seem to be forgetting a lot lately. I almost missed paying my property taxes because I forgot to check when they are due. I almost always have to think about what day it is before I get out of bed in the morning. I did manage to file my income taxes on time. I wonder when I'm supposed to pay the car registration.

No comments: