Thursday, April 17, 2003

I got started on the Fast Florida socks today. I still didn't get the gauge but after an email exchange with the designer I think I'll be okay after the sock is washed. And anyway I can always start over and use the first sock as another shop sample. I need to get some more detailed measurements for this sock, like the height of the heel and the ankle circumference. It does look small to me but the yarn is very stretchy so maybe it will fit but I think I may have made the heel flap a little too long. But I think I'm really getting a grasp of sock knitting, at least the general structure.

The yarn, Cascade Fixation, is a bit of a pain to work with. The stitches are very tight due to the spandex in the yarn. At least the stitches aren't going to slide off the needle. But my hands can really feel the results. Very sore and achy.

It was so cold today that I was wearing one of knit hats. It was so dismal outside that I thought it was winter. And dark to boot. So no pictures yet. We didn't get the rain that was predicted but it could still happen.

And in the sporting news. We won all our games again tonight. Against the second place team. We've moved up a lot in the standings as well. We're not going to be able to move into first place by any stretch but the higher we place the more prize money we'll get. And I like that.

No comments: