Tuesday, August 29, 2006



A week's worth of knitting. The Sunset Wrap back is one and a half row pattern repeats away from being done. This has been my project of choice for the whole time, except for when I was finishing those birthday socks. I'll get a lot done on this today while I'm at Skein since Tuesday is not usually one of the more frantic days.

The yarn I'm using, Tahki's Ravello, isn't all that great to knit. It's 45% cotton, 35% polyethylene and 20% viscose. I think it's the polyethylene that's making it so stiff and unyielding. There are a lot of K2tog stitches in the pattern, sometimes on top of the previous row, so you need some give if you're going to get up any speed. Most of the time I'm having to really force the stitch to take shape. I had to stop last night because my left wrist was beginning to ache. Looking at the detail I can see how lots of my stiches are irregular because I can't maintain a constant tension. Given how orange it is I don't think anyone will notice.

No comments: