Thursday, August 10, 2006

Faith is what you have when you buy a pattern book. You believe the instructions and the yarn requirements will be correct.

Hope is what you have when you're down to the last skein and you're pretty sure it's going to be close. Or when you've substituted yarn and you're wondering if the new sweater is going to look all right.

Charity is what you should have when the second knitting instructor quits without notice and you find yourself suddenly working more days than you really want to. I'm trying to be charitable but it's not easy. I'll be working four days a week starting next week. Oh well. This week was nice.

I've tried the Regia Bamboo sock yarn. I need to experiment some more. The yarn has almost no give so doing any kind of decreases is difficult. And it snags pretty easily. I tried a feather and fan pattern from Socks, Socks, Socks and it was not a success. The recommended needle size is US2 to US3. I think I'll try a US1 and see if I get a tighter fabric. The color is nice though. I'll have more to say once I've played with it some more.

No comments: